Nurtured with care on our estate in the wilds of Scotland, our dense Organic Shiitakes absorb nothing but the pure air and good intentions that nature intended. Savoury and smoky, meaty and moreish, earthy with hints lucious of nuts; the rich umami flavor of Deer Manor’s Organic Shiitake mushrooms challenge everything you thought you knew about Shiitakes. Putting sub-par supermarket imports to shame, our Organic Shiitakes have caps that become tender and succulent and stems that remain firm with slight chewiness. The depth-giving star of any dish in our recipe collection, Deer Manor’s Organic Shiitakes also serve as an incredible natural flavour enhancer. Frequently included in our Organic Gourmet Medley, Subscribe and Savour for the best value.
As with all the mushrooms in our collection, our Organic Shiitakes are cultivated as much for their health benefits as their decadent taste and beautiful appearance. As well as being bioactive, nutritionally-dense powerhouses, Shiitakes are research-proven to have antioxidant, antimutagenic, antitumor, antifungal, hypercholesterolemic, hypoglycemic, hyperlipidemic and immunomodulating properties. Organic Shiitake mushrooms may also:
- Protect against cancer and inflammation (see: Finimundy, 2014; Huang and Nie, 2015; Xu et al., 2012; Meng et al., 2016; Xu, 2014; Patel and Goyal, 2012; Lindequist et al., 2005; Ina et al., 2013)
- Boost heart health (see: Guillamon et al., 2010; Phillips, 2011; Bak et al., 2014_
- Lower cholesterol (see: Kabir et al., 1987; Yang et al., 2013)
- Boost immunity (see: Dai et al., 2015; Xu et al., 2015)
- Provide antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal benefits (see: Lindequist et al., 2005; Lee et al., 2012; Chowdhury et al., 2015)
- Strengthen bones (see: Lee et al., 2009)