We are pleased to offer practical, proven consultancy services to commercial growers of all sizes and stages. With years of experience in the high-end, organic gourmet mushroom space – in both Europe and the Americas – we understand the challenges and intricacies of organic mushroom intimately. And, as award-winning market leaders, we are delighted to empower other farmers in the industry with our tried and tested knowledge.
Growing mushrooms is easy (when you know how). It’s growing consistently exceptional produce, on schedule, without chemicals, in every season, with an optimal shelf life and in concert with the correct humidity, light spectrums and carbon dioxide that takes work. Your favourite youtube celebrity mushroom farmer has likely taken years (even decades) to perfect their technique, with knowledge that extends far beyond anything most growers will share online.
Our consultancy provides our clients with the good fortune to learn – and benefit – from our steep, decade-long learning curve. And, unlike generic online advice, our consultancy provides valuable insights and strategies specifically tailored to organic gourmet mushroom farming practices. From selecting the ideal mushroom strains to implementing efficient cultivation techniques, managing contamination, increasing yield, improving shelf life, and optimising processes; our hands-on support will empower you to increase profitability and efficiency while staying kind to the environment and true to your values.
Why invest in Deer Manor Gourmet Mushrooms for organic mushroom farm consultancy?
- Expertise: Led by a doctorate-holding gourmet mushroom farmer with extensive experience of growing mushrooms in Europe and the tropical Americas, our team possesses deep knowledge and understanding of the mushroom farming industry. Our specialism is both practical and academic, and our expertise proven by the success of our own farm.
- Tailored Solutions: Wonderfully, gourmet mushrooms can be cultivated (almost) anywhere. We recognise that every farm is unique and craft customised consultancy plans to address your specific goals and challenges. Having cultivated mushrooms commercially in the tropics (think 30°C) and rural Scotland (think -10°C!), our advice is adaptive, agile and always germane.
- An Innovative Organic, Ethical and Sustainable Focus: With a commitment to organic and sustainable gourmet mushroom farming practices, we prioritise kind-to-earth, value focused environmentally friendly processes in our support. By promoting biodiversity, reducing waste and moving away from substrates based on GMO soy hulls and other destructive mushroom farming practices, we support the long-term viability of your farm – and health of your stakeholders – in an increasingly eco-conscious world.
- Comprehensive Support: Our consultancy services are vast and cover the length and breadth of organic gourmet mushroom farming. As mushroom farmers are necessarily ‘expert generalists’, our support is wide-ranging and includes farm design, equipment sourcing, strain acquisition, substrate preparation, marketing, contamination resilience and recovery, pest management, mushroom incubation and fruiting, and more. Our guidance and support extends throughout the entire commercial mushroom farm lifecycle.
- Results-Driven Approach: Our ultimate goal is to empower you to achieve optimal yields, increase profitability, and run a successful mushroom farm while sidestepping the hiccups and setbacks that we encountered. We enjoy being a leading organic mushroom farm but, perhaps surprisingly, have no wish to be the only one (it’s lonely at the top!). Instead, we believe that ‘a rising tide lifts all boats’ and that increasing the number of organic mushroom farms in the industry helps us all. Our practical solutions yield tangible results and will help your farm thrive and carve its own unique space in the market.
Here’s to cultivating your success – one mushroom at a time.
From: £300 / hour. Please contact us to learn more.