Known in Japanese as the dancing mushroom because people would dance with delight when finding it in the woods because of its healing properties; our Organic Maitake is certainly a cause for celebration. Cultivated with care, expertise and patience on our estate in the wilds of Scotland, our Organic Maitake boasts an earthy, rich, and savory profile that is mild and distinctive. With a tender-firm, pleasant chewiness, some compare the taste of Organic Maitake to roasted chestnuts or even cooked chicken. The delicious and versatile flavor profile makes of Organic Maitake makes it wonderfully sought-after and perfect to add depth and complexity to the hundreds of dishes in our recipe app. A welcome inclusion in our Organic Gourmet Medley, Subscribe & Savour for the best value.
As with all the organic gourmet mushrooms that we grow, our Organic Maitake is a bioactive, nutritionally-dense powerhouse, research-proven to have antioxidant, antimutagenic, antitumor, antifungal, hypercholesterolemic, hypoglycemic, hyperlipidemic and immunomodulating properties. Maitake may also:
- Fight cancer (see: Kodma et al., 2002; National Cancer Institute US, 2002; Kodama et al., 2005; Masuda et al., 2013)
- Boost immunity (see: Lull et al., 2005; Vetvicka and Vetvickova, 2014; Konno, 2009)
- Lower cholesterol (see: Sato et al., 2013)
- Control blood sugar (see: Chen, 2015)
- Reduce blood pressure (see: Preuss et al., 2010; Kabir and Kimura, 1989)
- Fight PCOS (see: Chen et al., 2010)
Our gourmet mushrooms also fully complement wellbeing and weight-loss diets including Keto, Mediterranean, Paleo, Whole30, DASH. They are also rich sources of Rioflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Ergothioneine, Copper, Potassium and Beta-Glucans.