Saunter along Scotland’s magnificent coast-to-coast footpath, the Southern Upland Way, and create a delicious lion’s mane mushroom energy bar in its honour.
Relax and bask in the majesty of Scotland’s Southern Upland Way with Deer Manor Gourmet Mushrooms. In this episode of a Serving of Scotland, join us as we saunter along Scotland’s original – and most magnificent – long distance, coast-to-coast footpath: the Southern Upland Way. In true Deer Manor style, we then create a lion’s mane mushroom energy bar in the footpath’s honour and celebrate its wildlife, scenery and walkers.
Method to Powder Lion’s Mane
- Slice lion’s mane into 1cm thick slices
- Spread out on single layer of a dehydrator and dehydrate for 6-8 hours or put in oven for 2-4 hours at the lowest temperature or leave in the sun to dry
- Once mushrooms crack cleanly under pressure, snap dried slices into small pieces
- Blitz in blender for 5 seconds
Lion’s Mane Mushroom Energy Bar Ingredients
- 150g rolled Scottish oats
- 150g Almond or peanut butter
- 30ml coconut oil
- 170g honey
- 150g almonds
- 200g powdered Deer Manor lion’s mane mushrooms
Lion’s Mane Energy Bar Method
- Melt honey and peanut butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Mix in oats and lion’s mane powder
- Remove from mixture from heat and spread on baking tray
- Leave in fridge overnight to cool
- Cut into 5-6 good energy bar slices